2021 K LEAGUE
- Starting may 6th -
The FitKid Academy
Welcome to The K-League: End of School Basketball League 2021
The Fitness School has partnered with The Austin Spurs to bring an unbelievable experience to our youth in and around the Austin area. The K-League practices and games will be held at Austin Sports Center (1420 Toro Grande Blvd, Cedar Park, TX 78613) and will offer 2 leagues: 5th – 8th Grade and 9th – 12th Grade. Each 8-player team will play an 8-game season complete with a 1-day, end of season Round Robin basketball tournament. Each player of The K-League will also receive a ticket to a 2021-22 Austin Spurs home game with the winners celebrated at halftime of that G-League game!
Our recreational league is open to players of all skill levels and development (Boys and Girl’s teams are separate however if limited girls register, they will play with the boys). The league games are meant to be competitive and fun! The 8-game (2 games per week) season will start May 6th and conclude May 30th with an end of season tournament, held on May 31st at 1pm.
The K-League also recognizes the current COVID-19 Pandemic and we have implemented safety measures following both State and City requirements to ensure our athletes, coaches, staff, and guests are protected. The following protocols include but are not limited to the below:
- Currently, spectators will not be allowed in the gym during practice sessions.
- City Ordinance, through 2021, requires all athletes participating indoors during games to wear masks, no exceptions. We’ll assess this during the season and make changes based on player/family safety and City guidelines.
- Please limit (if possible) 1 guest, per player, per K-League game. We will assess this during the season and make changes based on player and family safety.
- All spectators must wear a mask and must maintain 6ft of distance while in attendance.
- All players MUST bring their own water bottle, no one will be allowed to drink from the water fountain in the gym.
- 1 bag per player will be allowed in the gym; players must come with their attire ready for practice/game.
- Every player will bring their own ball, Coaches or K-League will not provide equipment.
- Player temperature will be taken before practice/games and questions on well-being will be asked.
- Players must sanitize upon entry to the gym and upon their exit.
- Each gym our athletes play is sanitized before and after every K-League event.
As an extra precautionary measure, The K-League will offer all enrollees a 50% refund only if the league is cancelled on or before April 30th 2021 due to the Pandemic. After that date, we will move forward as planned with no refunds or cancellations. Enroll today and secure your child’s spot in what will be an AMAZING experience for all young basketball fans!
Be on the lookout for K-League Basketball during the summer of 2021! More information coming soon!